Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Switzerland, Japan, Peru, and Old Kanawha

Cass Scenic Railroad, Cass, West Virginia, USA
(By Mr. David Metraux, on whose site this blog entry is entirely fixated on)


It isn't often that I post that focuses exclusively on one website.

Then again, I don't often post a website that I know is going to be as universally appreciated as the one I'm about to post.

The site? David Metraux.com. Its a collection of work by a gentleman who currently resides in the good state of Vermont but who originally hails from Staunton, Virginia, one of those fine towns that straddles the line between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Shenandoah Valley. That said, Mr. Metraux decided, well, hold on, let me quote him, because I'm certain he can say it better than I could:

Having traveled around the world, visiting the far reaches of the globe, my father and I realized we've never really explored our neighboring state, so over winter break we went to see what was in our wild, wonderful neighbor.


Wild. Wonderful. West-by-God. Amen.

Check this one out - ultimately, it is about a man coming back from the long walk and deciding to explore the local neighborhood. I think you'll like it.

(Huzzah!)

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm glad to see that someone else is as enamored with Tudor's Biscuit World as I am. I recommend ordering the Thundering Herd (sausage, egg, cheese, potato cake, bacon on a biscuit the size of a hamburger bun) on your visit there.