Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hillbilly Savants on Flickr


One of the best parts of this site is the frequent photoblogging. We've got some fine photographers around here, and they all bring us some fantastic images of the region. Lately I've become a fan of the photography site, Flickr (better late then never), so I thought I would create a place on the web where we could view photographs of Appalachia - from both our contributors and our readers - in one place. Thus I've created a Flickr Group called Our Appalachia.

If you're not already a Flickr member, then go set up an account (the basic membership is free). From there, as you upload photos, you can click the overhead "Send To Group" button and post them to the Our Appalachia. For HS contributors, if you do some photoblogging add your contributions to the group, and maybe the rest of your set that you didn't quite deem blog-worthy.

I look forward to everyone's contributions.

(Big shout-out to Katie Granju at Knoxville Talks for giving me the idea.)

No comments: