Saturday, August 30, 2008

Religious signs in West Virginia

Some religious signs from a recent highly bumpercropulous swing through southeastern West Virginia.

There was a great, raucous Holiness service going on in this church, and the doors were open, so I parked and listened. Some folks came out of the church and invited in. I wish I could have joined them, but I had a dog in the car with me and couldn't leave him.



On the same church:



Near that church:



Also in McDowell County:



Close-ups of the Jesus windows. The Roman soldier drawing blows me away--what a peculiar choice.







Fayette County:





Close-up:







In Kincaid, a combination post office-praise center.



Hard to read, but the little blue sign says "Christians helping others."


Hico:


From the Field Guide to What's Good.

9 comments:

Lanham Family said...

You missed the murals in Northfork at the park... right off of Rt. 52.

I will post a link to them later.

www.completinggodsmission.com

MountainLaurel said...

Lovely pics! They remind me of some of Shelby Adams' pictures of religious signs in Kentucky.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Lord Jesus Temple was once a Post Office.

Jessica said...

Nice!

I will have to post a link to some of mine when I get them up, My favorite is probably the hand painted sign nailed to a tree in (I believe it was) Franklin County, VA that simple says "Read Thy Bible".

April said...

Love it. Just love it.

Buffy said...

Wow. Some of these are so familiar to me. Especially the ones in McDowell along 52.

I keep meaning to get my own camera gear out....but I always seem to be in such a hurry.

I need to slow down.

srmsofttech22 said...

EARN GLOBAL MONEY shows you different earning programs from all over the globe and help people to earn money from different earning program owned by different organizations.
visit=www.earnglobalmoney.info Click Here

juliaroberts said...

Earning money online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best.

Isaiah said...

����� ����� | ����� ���� | ����� ����

����� ���� | ����� ����� | ����� ����

����������� ����� | ����� ����� | ����� �����

����� | ����������� ���� | �����������