Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Deep-Fried Goodie...

In my almost 5 decades of life, I have ate a lot of different deep-fried foods. But the boy came home today with something that I have never had and sounded horrible. But it actually tasted quite good.

This is a fried dill pickle from a new Bar-B-Que joint in Christiansburg, Virginia, called Due South. I'll have to try it the next time I'm over there.

Now I want to make a trip this weekend to my favorite bar-b-que joint located in Bluff City, Tennessee...Pardner's Bar-B-Que & Steak.




6 comments:

Steven said...

I can testify that Due South is good stuff! You'll love it.

SteveLong said...

Pardner's is very good, but if you are coming to East Tennessee for barbeque you should go about 6 or 7 miles from there back towards Elizabethton on the old highway and check out Ridgewood. It is fantastic, IMO.

Steve Minor said...

Yes, Ridgewood!

Anonymous said...

You're a Southerner and you've never had fried pickles before? Hmmm.

Ever heard of fried chicken? Cream gravy? Coca-cola? Those are pretty good, too ...

CountryDew said...

There was a restaurant for several years in Botetourt called The Fried Pickle. Pretty good. Loved the green fried tomatoes there.

Al said...

Anon, I have lived south of the Mason Dixon line for 47 of my 50 years and I have not even heard of a fried pickle. I have eaten fried squash, fried green tomatoes, fried potatoes (not french fries), fried apple pies, pork rinds, etc but no pickles.

And of course I've had fried chicken, sausage gravy, Coke, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, etc

I hope my membership to the Southern Rebel Association is not revoked over this pickle incident.